Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Resurrection

The Drawing American is BACK!! Before you get the wrong idea and think I'm just some guy speaking in the third person, let me assure you that is not the case. The "Drawing American" is the pen name of my pencil. Actually, it's the Alvin "Tech" DA lead holder but years ago I decided that DA stood for "Drawing American" (obviously). Anyway, for years I used this pencil to do the foundation work for my drawings until it became unserviceable. By "unserviceable", I mean the spring mechanism just wore out, which led to a creative drought for me since I couldn't find a suitable replacement.

A few months and a cross-country move go by and I end up in Lincoln, NE which happens to carry the exact same pencil. Wow. So despite losing the majority of the useful art supplies I had, my main weapon was back in my hands. But (thank God), my wife found said-name art tools this past weekend and the mojo is back!

So, despite having finally winterized our motorcycles and bidding them farewell until the spring, I am more excited about drawing than I have been in a while.

Much more to come.

No comments: